For the most part, people will be able to see that the signs above are not normal. Even if they don’t recognize them as signs of diabetes, they should make an appointment with their doctor as soon as possible. If left untreated, these symptoms can progress so quickly that complications can occur.
It is easy to manage and even reverse the effects of Type-2 diabetes, if you take control of your health and work to make this a reality. But, if you don’t take care of yourself and your body, it could end up affecting all the organs and even lead to some serious complications including:
- Skin issues: these can include fungal or bacterial infections.
- Nerve damage: this can mean that you will lose some feeling within the extremities, including your fingers, toes, and more. Constipation, diarrhea, and vomiting can occur as well.
- Issues with circulation: this is especially true when it comes to your feet and sometimes you will get bad infections or have trouble healing on the feet.
- Issues with your hearing.
- Retinal damage or other issues to the eye including cataracts, glaucoma, and issues with seeing.
- Heart diseases, including stroke, heart attack, angina, narrowing of the arteries, and even high blood pressure.
- Kidney failure or damage can occur, as well.
As you can see, it is possible for all parts of the body to become affected if you don’t recognize and take care of the insulin-resistant diabetes as early as possible. Often these complications are going to take us by surprise, because we weren’t paying attention to all of the signs that came our way. It is a good idea to take control of your health and use some of the suggestions in this guidebook right away if you are already dealing with diabetes, and implement them in, even if you aren’t currently dealing with this issue.